Sunday, July 10, 2011

Why Should I Use Google +

Just received an invite for Google +. Privacy policy is no better than facebook. To join I must accept that google will integrate all my pictures from Picasa. Or I can't join. Why should I use Google +? To effectively use Google + I would need to adapt myself to a new user interface. I will also have to wait for most of my friends to switch unlike Gmail which I could have used regardless of my friends using Gmail or not.

The only positive about google + when compared to facebook is that you can delete your account as opposed to "inactivate" on facebook. People are currently rushing to see Google + out of curiosity and the fact that they feel privileged as you can only join Google + by invitation. I think its going to be interesting to watch how the product will going to turn out. Let's wait and see. In my lowly opinion, its going to fail unless privacy policies are better than facebook. Even then people will be skeptical of google as it currently retains user's google searches for 7 years. But in my opinion, a better privacy policy is the only way to compete against facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment